Friday, November 25, 2011

Still thankful...no pictures

Another semi-late night means another semi-lazy Susan.  At least in terms of picture posting.  I didn't even get to take more pictures today, as my camera battery is dying.  The fates are against me!  At least the really lazy ones.

Since I've mentioned being lazy so often in this post I will highlight where I was not lazy today.  I'll back up a bit and mention that I went out to lunch with my mom, sister, and sister-in-law.  Here's where there would be an awesome picture of us, if I wasn't so lame with the camera.  Anyway, we had a lovely semi-light lunch; I did a hummus w/pita appetizer and a salad w/walnuts, bleu cheese, and raspberry vinaigrette.  I will admit half the pitas were fried, so of course they were the half I ate.  I didn't clear my plate on either dish which meant I got to eat a good portion of the carrot cake and pecan pie that we ordered to share.  The frosting on that carrot cake was honestly just about the best frosting I've ever had.

Anyway, after a fun lunch and shopping (book store, where I mightily fought temptation and only bought a holiday cooking magazine), we walked back to my sister's house.  It was a gorgeous day and I needed to run, but I was trying to find any excuse to get out of it.  "I'll do it tomorrow...", forgetting that tomorrow will be raining all day.

We got back to the house, I looked outside, and I decided that was it - time to get my run on.  I've been a total  pain in the butt about my not-so-subtle running pride, time to get out there and put my money where my mouth is.  So - I did 5 miles.  I had planned on 7 or 8, but the area that I am running in is really hilly.  That may sound like an excuse, but this is also the area where I pulled a groin muscle on a run last year, so I didn't want to take too many chances.

I got my butt out the door, focused on my form on the hills, and refused to stop.  It was a gorgeous day for a run and I was so glad I got out there and did it.

After I got back it was turkey leftovers for dinner, followed by some raucous games.  I will be flying home tomorrow.  I definitely will miss the kids.  Thankfully Christmas is coming soon!

November is still thankful month even if the day has passed, so today I am thankful for...the joy and love that the kids give me.  I always feel right when I have one of my nieces or nephews give me the fiercest hug that they can.

No comments: