Saturday, March 17, 2012

Goal time!

In less than 12 hours I will be getting up, getting dressed, and pinning on the below #.

I'm already trying to make up why this # is good luck.  It's my 10 miler # + 20?

I'm excited for this half because it's the first where I really plan to race.  This is my third half.  My first was "I am in intense pain and sick, but I will cross the finish line".  My second was "Let me see if I can run the entire thing".  (Spoiler - I did).  This one is "I have trained my butt off - let's DO this."

I definitely have goals.

a.)  PR.  This is inevitable.  My current PR is 2:29:45.  The training runs that I've been doing - at easy pace - are faster than this.

b.) 2:15 .  This is a safety goal.  I really feel that I can get here with no issues, but it's still working hard.

c.) 2:10.  This feels right?  Sort of?  McMillan has me at 2:07 which seems too much of a stretch.  Or am I underestimating myself...

The thing is, even with my goals I'm very much in the mile when I run.  I'm very bad at the mental math, so I really won't know until I get towards the last few miles where I am.  Well, that's a bit of an exaggeration - I will have my mile splits, so I'll have some idea.

I'm excited and nervous about this race.  It's ~1,300 people, which compared to my other two halves (Disney) is distinctly smaller.  On the plus side I will have my cousin cheering me on - she said she will be at two places on the course, plus at the end.

Love ya lots, Pammy!

I was a lazy bum today, fueled myself wonderfully (what - meatball subs are awesome the day before a race), the weather looks gorgeous...I'm ready to dominate.

Watch out Half of Quincy - I'm comin' for ya!



1 comment:

JoggingJeans said...

Good luck! Can't wait to hear how you did.