Saturday, February 04, 2012

It's been a long time...


I shouldn't have left you, without a dope beat to step to....

In other words, hi!  I'm not dead!  Hope you all are good as well.

In running news I kicked off a running streak January 4 that continues through today (February 4th).  I ran at least one mile every day.  A whole month!  Of course when I looked up running streaks I found this page - United States Running Streak Association, Inc .  43 1/2 years of running every day?  Now that's hard core.  Still, I'll keep my streak going for a bit longer.  It gives me something to do every day to clear my head.  I also believe that it's been giving me more confidence in my endurance and power.

On the racing front it's four weeks until my next race.

Image cropped from http://www.blackcatroadrace.com/

I haven't raced since early December so of course I am excited.  I am doing the 10 mile race.  It's actually going to be a warmup/time trial for my half marathon two weeks later.  With that in mind I am going to do my best to go in with a race strategy and execute on it.  It's totally different from my usual "hold on and pray I finish" strategy.  I've run and raced this distance before so there is no excuse for not getting out there and pushing (wisely).  I'm working out my A/B/C goals and will post them soon.  Promise! 

Other than that stuff has been stuff.  I visited my mom a couple weeks ago to help with her first cataract surgery (she came through great), and will probably be visiting her again in the next couple weeks to help with her second.  On the job front I'll be getting a bonus payout in a couple weeks.  I will be banking most of it but am considering splurging on a new purse with some.  We'll see.

I've got some other things to say but am too damn lazy today to say them.  Oh - except for if you want to follow me on Daily Mile, please go ahead and do.  Hi!

More later.





No comments: