Second week of marathon training.
* 14 mile run in heat = taking more breaks than I wanted, but FINISHED. Then got in a car and drove for 4 1/2 hours to Mom's house, no break for lunch. Me =/= smart at that point.
* Mid-week runs - two around Mom's neighborhood, relatively hilly. Still hot, still adjusting.
* Third mid-week run - on a nice very shaded path. Meant to be 12 but started late enough that I didn't want to deal, swapped with 6 mile run.
* Yesterday's 12 mile run, same path mentioned above. New experience - #1 and #2 trailside. And I do mean trailside; about a foot before dropoff. Luckily no one saw me. Other new experience - running only in sports bra. It was HOT. I wanted to give up at 6 miles but didn't. But - walking at some points. Don't feel too bad about it, actually; I feel like I gave my all.
* Today = day off. Yay! First since Memorial Day, as I was finishing out the RW summer streak.
Notes from this week:
* I WAS STARVING. Really, seriously, hunger hunger. It's harder/awkward feeling this way in someone else's house. My choices aren't here and it was one of those strange hungers that was hard to satisfy.
- Mitigation plan - Good snack planning when I get home because this is going to continue while in training.
* It was hot. Hot hot hot.
Mitigation - Need to consciously ignore the Garmin and SLOW DOWN even more. Consistent running > some walking > not finishing. Let's get more in the first group, but second is still okay. Time on feet.
* Books on yoga for running on their way to the library - yay!
Overall still excited/happy with my training. My butt belongs outside! Running tan FTW!
(Tan, not burn - sun tan lotion also mandatory)