Monday, April 11, 2005

Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I don't eat sweets much - don't keep them around the house. This week, though, I was in a sweets mood - Chocolate Decadence Friday - Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies Sunday night. The cookies are an Eating Well recipe, made with whole wheat flour and oatmeal, and the oil is canola, so at least that's good. The cookies were excellent - definitely a repeat. But only if I can handle it - I ate 4 cookies Sunday, and a half dozen Monday.

Given that I'm out of control this week - I don't think I'll be cooking. It's a short week for me - so I'm getting away for a clean slate before I come back with a fresh perspective.


* Exported from MasterCook *

Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 30 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter -- softened
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Grease two baking sheets.

Grind oats in a blender or food processor. Transfer to a bowl and stir in flour, soda, and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Add sugars, oil, egg, and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients and beat until just combined. Stir in chips. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cookies are firm around the edges and golden on top.

Source:
"EW Spring 2004"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 107 Calories; 6g Fat (47.0% calories from fat); 1g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 11mg Cholesterol; 61mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No comments: