Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just a bad time, culinary-wise

So for the past week and a half I was too lazy to cook - went on vacation, came back, and was going away again, so I told myself that there wasn't time to cook. Ha! More like laziness. But now I'm back - feeling fat from vacation food and sodium-packed frozen dinners, ready for the cooking challenges ahead. Unfortunately, I didn't start back very well.

I am very resistent to the idea of a salad as the main course in a meal. Yes, I know that with dressing a salad can have just as many calories as a chicken dinner - that makes it worse, because it just doesn't have the same substantial feeling.

But then there are salads that are based around beans - I thought that maybe I could trick myself with one of those. So, I decided to try a recipe from CL - Black Bean Salad with Lime-Cumin Dressing. I love black beans and I love cumin - so should be a winner, right? Unfortunately, I forgot I don't do well with raw red onions - and this recipe had almost a half cup of them for 2 servings. Took 3 bites, and was too nauseus to finish the rest.

Oh well.

No comments: