Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Darn kitchen!

So - I didn't quite get to do 5 Eating Well recipes. I had bought the ingredients to make their Cranberry-Nut Mini Loaves with Flaxseeds , but came home to a kitchen sink full of dirty water. And no - there was no dirty water there when I left, thank you very much. This has happened before - at 10 pm one night, I was racing around sopping up my kitchen and frantically waiting for the maintenance guy (yay apartment living!). Anyway, I didn't want to do anything too risky - I was leaving for the weekend in a couple days, and didn't want to come back to a flooded kitchen - and goodness knows, my cats would drink the water - ick! So - didn't run the dishwasher. And since it was full, I didn't want to do too much cooking.

Anyway, that's my excuse. I am making an Eating Well recipe tonight though - Spice-Crusted Tofu. That brings March to an end - and the end of a challenge for myself, to try 25 new recipes that month. I just made it! But for the next couple weeks I may just go back to repeats - just for the relaxation factor. But it will still be 5 recipes a week - at least.

No comments: