Monday, November 07, 2005

Stupid oven!

I swear - I preheated my oven for more than an hour tonight, and it didn't get up to 500. I needed to broil the top of my frittata. It didn't seem to affect it much though - it cooked through and was golden on top. Unfortunately, it was also extremely browned on the bottom. Aside from the extra-crispy bottom, the flavor of the frittata was great. It was strangely sweet though. The texture was perfect as well. I'm not much of an eggs person, which is why I always planned on trying to make a frittata but never did. Since I've tried this one though, I think I will repeat. I know that you can also complete a frittata by flipping onto a plate and back into the pan instead of broiling. I might try that next time. (Stupid oven!)


* Exported from MasterCook *

Ham and Asparagus Frittata

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 ounces ham slice, extra lean
2 ounces jarlsberg lite -- shredded
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 large egg whites
2 large egg
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
1/2 cup asparagus -- 1" slices
1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning

Preheat broiler.

Combine ham, cheese, black pepper, salt, egg whites, and eggs, stirring well with a whisk.

Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and asparagus; sauté 3 minutes. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 3 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Wrap handle of pan with foil; broil 3 minutes or until egg is set. Cut into 4 wedges.

Source:
"CL 04/04"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 256 Calories; 11g Fat (38.7% calories from fat); 30g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 242mg Cholesterol; 1027mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No comments: