Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Another bit of muffin-y goodness - direct from my favorite BB!

A few months ago a member came on the Cooking Light BB in search of some help. She was trying to mimic a breakfast cookie, and had found a recipe that looked like it could do the job - but it didn't quite work as written. The members on that BB are incredibly helpful, and in a short time were able to come up with some great recipes that the requestor could try. I did my usual thing, which was to copy the recipes to MasterCook, and hope to someday get around to tying them.

Flash forward to last week. I had bananas ripening on the counter, and a plan to repeat the Marbled-Chocolate Banana Bread from CL. But something pushed me (as it often does). I needed to try something new. I did a MasterCook search - and there was the recipe! I decided to try 5 Grain Rolled Cereal Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, as posted by newcook. I've never worked with 5 grain cereal before. I was a little nervous about buying an entire bag of it for using in just one recipe, but I'm definitely glad I did. The texture of the different grains in the cereal came through very subtly in the muffins. Sneaky whole grains! I also loved the chocolate chips in the muffin - yum. Plus, some healthy fat from natural PB, and I've got a muffin that I don't feel quite as guilty about using to start the day!

Recipe? Here
Thread? Here
Love it? Oh, yeah.

No comments: