Tuesday, April 04, 2006

ARF - Pom Passion Smoothie

So, spring is here. Of course, if the weather would co-operate...Anyway, I welcomed spring this past weekend with lamb, and tonight I ask it to settle in, with a quick smoothie. I decided on this to try and use up some of the pomegranate juice I had left over from the lamb pilaf. Now, I've never tried pomegranate juice on its own, but I've always been fascinated by the Pom wonderful bottles. Goodness knows why - I just am. This smoothie came from their website, and as it is a smoothie, it was easy to put together. Combine ingredients in blender - blend. I can do that.

The smoothie was definitely tangy. Whether that comes from the pom juice or from the plain yogurt, I am not sure. It's a tangy that is right on the border of too much. It might be nice to tame it somehow - maybe do it with vanilla instead of plain yogurt? I like it, but something slightly sweeter might turn it to love.

Oh, and ARF is hosted by Sweetnicks

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pom Passion Smoothie

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 ounces pomegranate juice
6 ounces Stonyfield Plain Yogurt
8 ounces strawberries

Blend all ingredients together until the desired consistency is reached.

Source:
"http://www.pomwonderful.com/recipes/recipe.php?Recipe=POM%20Passion%20Smoothie"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 171 Calories; 1g Fat (3.6% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 37g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 121mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Fruit.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0

No comments: