Monday, September 25, 2006

I don't want to let summer go...Fresh Ginger-Peach Soup





This past weekend was a nice weekend, for the most part. And to me, it seemed, fairly unseasonably warm. Call me crazy, but shorts at the end of September doesn't seem normal, unless you are substantially south of the Mason-Dixon.

I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth, though, and try to grab one last dish with summer fruit before the prices skyrocket, and I would be overpaying for not the best quality.

One of my favorite sources of inspiration is the CLBB (Cooking Light Bulletin Board). I have tons of recipes in my MasterCook that I either got from threads on the board, or were brought to my attention because of reviews on the board. I trust the cooks on the board (after all, one of our members won the Pillsbury Bake-off this year!),and I was thrilled to find an original recipe for a fruit soup on the board. I am all about the fruit soups - they go so nicely with my other cooking obsession (muffins!).

The recipe - as found here - says that the recipe can be served cold or hot. Personally, I loved it when I served it at room temperature. The texture is perfect for a fruit soup. I do have to warn, though; the overwhelming flavor is of the curry. On the first day it had a nice bite, which mellowed overnight, but definitely was delicious as a leftover. The color was gorgeous, it was simple, and I want to make it again as soon as I can! Darn me for being stupid, and only doing a half batch.

It's not my number one favorite soup, but it's definitely a better curried soup than the curried apple soup I've tried before. I can see it as part of my summer rotation.

1 comment:

Brilynn said...

This is a great flavour combination, I used it to make a sorbet earlier this summer but I also added lime.