Sunday, June 05, 2005

Banana Raspberry Muffins

I got this recipe from a post on the CL BB - it originally appeared in the May issue of Self. I love the fact that by reading the boards I get a wider range of recipes. I think that by being a part of the community I challenge myself more in my cooking.

Unfortunately, I did not do well with this recipe. It was too moist - I think it might have been because I had frozen the bananas and defrosted them, and they might have carried ice crystals into the batter. I did like using fresh raspberries though.


* Exported from MasterCook *

Banana Raspberry Muffins

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 cup unbleached flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large bananas -- mashed
1/4 cup skim milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
12 ounces raspberries

Heat oven to 350 and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray. In a bowl, combine flours, sugar, powder, soda and salt; whisk to blend. Make a well in the center; set aside. In another bowl, combine bananas. milk, egg and vanilla; fold in raspberries. Pour batter into center of dry ingredients; fold together until combined. Do not overmix. Pour batter into pan; bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack.

Source:
"Self 05/05 - posted on CLBB by greysangel - http://community.cookinglight.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73362&highlight=Banana+raspberry+bread"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 175 Calories; 1g Fat (4.6% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 40g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 232mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No comments: