Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Back to the wrap - Chicken Soft Tacos with Sauteed Onions and Apples

It's apple season, and I had two granny smiths left from a trip to the farmer's market. I'd done the sweet; time for the savory.

I've worked with this kind of recipe before, but it was before I was tracking my recipes, so I don't remember what the actual recipe was. Digression aside, this was a nice recipe. I decided to go with 4 larger tortillas instead of 8 small. Unfortunately, the amount of filling made it hard to wrap, so the picture was not taken for this entry. But I decided to try something new this time; I filled the tortillas, wrapped in foil, and froze 2 of them. We'll see how well they come out of the freezer.

This recipe I'd say is a solid 6 or 7. Final rating is on hold, until I am able to try it as leftovers (co-workers dragged me to Vietnamese for lunch the day I was going to eat it).


* Exported from MasterCook *

Chicken Soft Tacos with Sauteed Onions and Apples

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast -- cut into bite-sized pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 medium onions -- sliced thin
1 pound Granny Smith apples -- thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves -- minced
4 la Tortilla Factory Rosemary Wraps -- 6-inch

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with salt, nutmeg, and pepper. Add chicken to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until golden. Remove the chicken from pan; keep warm.

Melt butter in pan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add apple; cook 6 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Return chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.

Heat tortillas according to package directions. Arrange 1/2 cup chicken mixture evenly over each tortilla.

Source:
"CL 08/03"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 352 Calories; 11g Fat (25.0% calories from fat); 35g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 15g Dietary Fiber; 74mg Cholesterol; 695mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 3 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 1 1/2 Fat.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

No comments: