Saturday, November 11, 2006

A little picture practice, and second review


So, lunch today is leftovers from my last post - Parsnip Pear Soup, and Allspice-Apple Butter Muffins. Thought I'd take the opportunity to practice my pictures, and also re-review the soup.

As I said, I wasn't hugely fond of the soup on first taste. On second review, it's still not quite right, but I can see re-making, with modifications.

Instead of re-heating the soup, I just took it out of the fridge and let it sit for about half an hour to take the chill off. I then grated fresh nutmeg over the top, to see if it would bring a little more flavor. It didn't make a huge flavor difference, but I think it definitely added some nice visual flair. The color of the soup definitely reminded me of fall, and the ingredients definitely are fall ones in my mind.

If I did remake the soup, I would use vegetable broth instead of water. I actually was missing the extra flavor of veggie broth when I was eating it. It worked nicely at room temperature too, which is good, because I love pureed soups at room temperature with a nice muffin.

Soup's done - on to the heavenly muffin!

No comments: