Monday, July 25, 2005

Cannellini Beans with Herbs and Prosciutto

I finally tried a recipe from one of the many chefs I watch on Food Network. Giada De Laurentiis is not my all time favorite (any good food geek loves Alton Brown), but she seems to really know her cooking. Unlike others on the network. *ahem*Sandra Lee*ahem*.

After seeing this recipe reviewed on the CLBB, I decided to try it. It's a good, simple recipe - doesn't set off fireworks, but it definitely works well as leftovers. A good way to use one of my favorite beans. Everything mixed together into a subtle flavor.

I serve it as a light dinner. The recipe calls for serving mixed with greens, but I feel it loses focus that way. I just re-heat in the microwave & serve in a salad bowl by itself - yum.

The recipe is posted on the Food Network Site

No comments: