Thursday, July 07, 2005

Lime-Peach Vinaigrette

Ya gotta love the single-subject cookbook. Just don't ask me how many muffin/quick bread cookbooks I have. Hey - we all have our weaknesses. Bread-y foodstuffs are mine.

Anyway, back to single-subject cookbooks. The cookbook I got this recipe from is interesting, but a little deceptive. Not all the recipes are for peaches. Which is good, I guess. You don't want to be too exclusive.

Okay - actual recipe review. Salad dressings seem to be simple to put together - just blend, right? Well, my last dressing didn't turn out right for me. This Lime-Peach Vinaigrette, though, blended beautifully. The color is very pretty as well. The flavor is subtle, and to get it you have to put more on than I am used to. It's definitely not too sweet, and not too heavy. It's good. Not excellent, but good.

I have enough left that I may use some of it in a wrap. I'm also considering using it as a part of the Summer Chicken Stir-Fry that I've tried before. I also will probably use it on some form of salad with fruit in it - maybe the classic combo of blueberries and walnuts. Or maybe even over a salad with greens & tuna. I feel like the flavors of the vinaigrette is so flexible that it can work with everything. It may be that it needs to find the right combo to really shine.


* Exported from MasterCook *

Lime-Peach Vinaigrette

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 24 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup lime juice
1 cup sliced peaches
1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves

Process all ingredients in a blender until smooth.

Refrigerate for up to one month.

Source:
"Peaches and Other Juicy Fruits"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 48 Calories; 5g Fat (81.9% calories from fat); trace Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 8mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.


Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

1 comment:

Cate said...

I like single-subject cookbooks most of the time too. I recently got Everything Tastes Better with Bacon, and made 3 recipes from it this weekend, all winners. Just ordered the author's other book, Everything Tastes Better with Garlic. :)