Thursday, July 21, 2005

It's just not my taste - Red Curry with Sweet Red Peppers, Snow Peas, and Tofu - Honey Carrot Cake

Well, they can't all be successes. I think that as I cook more, I get a feeling for not only what works, but what works for me as well. I really thought the curry would work for me. I used to love hot food when I was younger, but for some reason, as I've gotten older, I prefer my food with less heat, so I can taste a deeper flavor. Unfortunately, the curry recipe was a little on the hot side for me. I wish it had worked - it had three of my favorite things - snow peas, red peppers, and tofu. This recipe was the first I tried from Real Vegetarian Thai. I did see other recipes in this cookbook that I am excited to try. Fortunately, there is a recipe in A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen that was somewhat similar in terms of ingredients, but the spices/herbs may be different, so I might give it a chance.

I also was going to try to become involved in my first SHF. Unfortunately, I missed the deadline. I still ended up making the cake, and although I ended up eating three large pieces in 2 days, I honestly think that it's not my style. A little too buttery for my taste. Whether that is because I just don't eat butter on a regular basis, I don't know. I still like sweets, but this one just didn't do it for me. It came together nicely, though, so if you want to try, it's at http://www.honey.com

No comments: