Monday, January 09, 2006

ARF Monday - Better early than never

So, I decided to try early the recipe I had made for ARF. It's a recipe I've had on my list since I saw it posted on another blog. Orangette posted a recipe for stewed prunes. I have a weakness for prunes - but a little bit of disdain for stewed foods. I just associate stewing with tomatoes. I love tomatoes - stewed ones make me shiver.

I made this recipe Sunday night. It was easy to make - just mix, put on the heat, and simmer until ready. When I tasted it Sunday night, I thought I tasted it slightly burned. I cooled it, and put it in the fridge to sit as suggested. When I tried it again Monday evening, I thought I tasted the burnt part a bit in the sauce. I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad I did. The prunes had softened and plumped beautifully. What made the recipe for me however was the orange slices. They softened beautifully, and I ate them, peel and all. It was all delicious.

The cinnamon flavor that should have come from the stick was not there. It may be that I was expecting too much. Either way, I enjoyed this recipe. And it was healthy, which is always an added benefit.

No comments: