Monday, January 23, 2006

I guess it's a good change

It's something I've realized recently. I've lost my taste for very rich foods. Or maybe I'm just more sensitive to butter. I don't eat it on my bread anymore, at least not usually. I like the taste of a good bread or biscuit, and I think that butter hides it.

The reason I bring this up is that I made chocolate chip cookies tonight. And for the second time, I've made chocolate chip cookies and felt that they were too greasy/buttery. I hope that it's more the recipe than my taste, though. I like chocolate chip cookies.

Maybe I should go back to basics. Try the original Toll House recipe the next time.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

It's interesting how foods begin to taste after you've been away from them. I used to eat potatoes, for example, DAILY. Baked, fried, boiled, mashed, you name it. Now the only ones that still taste good are hash browns. Can't deal with mashed, boiled. or baked any more.
Butter is something I still love, and should wean myself off of. What do you think you did differently i the choc chip cookies?