Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Something for the side - Yogurt Biscuits

I love bread but rarely have it as a side. For some reason though I was doing a recipe search and decided to make these biscuits. I have had my eye on some biscuit recipes, but decided to try these first, because the other recipes involve rolling & cutting - and these days I am feeling a little too lazy. These biscuits are drop - and large! I truly was thrilled with how big and beautiful these baked up to be. They also had the slight touch of salt that I love. I am definitely not a salt person, but I love a good biscuit for the light saltiness, and this recipe definitely had that taste.

So, simple & with the taste I like - I'd call this a hit.


* Exported from MasterCook *

Yogurt Biscuits

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breads

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 3/4 cups unbleached flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1 tablespoon canola oil

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.

Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Add the yogurt and oil; mix well. Spoon into the muffin cups and bake until firm and browned, 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.

Source:
"WW magazine July/August 2001"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 159 Calories; 2g Fat (13.2% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 579mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 3 points

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0

No comments: