Monday, May 30, 2005

A practice in control - Keep the Kitchen Cool Brownies

I definitely love to bake, and I definitely love sweets. Recently I've realized that most desserts that I get at restaurants are not as good as I would like them to be. I'd prefer to eat sweets that I make myself. Unfortunately, when I make sweets at home, I tend to overindulge. I've learned the practice of portion control with main dishes and side dishes but sweets are still an issue. I'd like to make it not an issue.

Tonight's experiment was Keep the Kitchen Cool Brownies, from King Arthur Flour's site. It certainly was a temptation to overindulge, more so because I was at a low weight at my monthly weigh-in. But I did make a major first step - I took my time eating the brownie and really tasted it. And I didn't like it that much - so I was able to stick with the portion that I alotted to myself. Yay! It is a shame that the recipe wasn't that great though.

No comments: