Monday, December 19, 2011

Emerging slowly

This past weekend was lost to a nasty cold.  It was one of those cases where even though I had just got up from a 10 hour sleep I still had to go back to bed because I was exhausted.  Luckily it was a sore throat/cough/runny nose thing not a vomit thing.  Haven't had the latter in a long time.  In fact, I don't remember ever having the latter since I've lived alone.  God, please, don't let me get the latter when I am alone - I don't want to clean up my own vomit from the carpet!

Wow - that was a fun intro.  Anyway, even with my nasty cold I still was so ready to get back to cooking after my California trip.  I had a small butternut squash sitting in my kitchen, and ta-dah!  Garlic roasted butternut squash with parmesan cheese!

Oh so good

Aside from the cold I was happy to be home.  My cats were happy to have me as well, and showed me that with the traditional vomit on the bed, not in one place, but TWO!

You're welcome

It's also nice that Christmas is coming.  I got to put up a bunch of my advent pieces all at once!  I am kind of sad that I won't be putting up baby Jesus on the 24th because of travel (yes, again).  But it is fun to see the tree fill!

Wow - we're in the bottom row!

The last week before Christmas is always hard workwise.  A cold doesn't help much.  I took today off and rested. I'm back on my feet tomorrow - hopefully not only at work but with a run!




No comments: