Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Early night

Tomorrow morning is my regular personal training session.  It's usually at 9, but tomorrow it's for 8.  I have to get up at 6 to be fueled and ready to get to the gym.  That's early for me.  I'm very lucky that I get to go to work late in the day.  I work mostly with folks in CA, so I get to be lazy!

Today was not the best run. I pushed myself too hard early and ran out of energy.  I have to remember - slow it down.  Once a week for tempo runs (which this was not) is when I push it.  And I even have to work on how hard to work on those runs!  I was semi-proud today that even though I walked up a couple hills (with Garmin off, so distance didn't count), I did not stop at 3 miles but pushed myself another 3.  I had planned on 7 today, but 6 works.

My hips and hamstrings have been tight recently.  I plan on warming up for PT tomorrow with the elliptical - probably 15 to 20 minutes.  Then if I have time then some foam rolling.  If not - after PT.  I am so bad at stretching - once a workout is done, I'm done!

Tonight I am thankful for special Christmas treats.  I came home tonight and opened a box of chocolate peppermint soy milk.  A sweet treat to end the day!

No comments: