Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just doooo eeet!

Today was one of those days where I wished I could just stay in bed.  At least that's how I felt when I woke up this morning.  I know how fascinating it is to read about some else's period pains, but I can't help it - I felt like someone was crushing my stomach with a clamp.

I knew that I had to go to work, but I momentarily considered canceling my personal training session.  Luckily sanity prevailed and I went.  I only have these sessions once a week and next week is cancelled, so I didn't want to miss out.

 I dragged my crampy body to the gym and got on the elliptical for warmup.  20 minutes later (well, 21 so I could get to a round number of miles) I was feeling somewhat better.  Up next was training.

Let it be told my trainer is all kinds of awesome.  She has it down pat; she knows me and what I think I can do, and hands me stuff that I would either a.) never consider on my own, b.) do with lighter weights, or c.) do half-assed if someone wasn't watching.  Today was pretty standard that way. I told her that why I wasn't feeling my best (thank god for all women's gyms, in case anyone overheard).  Even with that she got me moving well - I just needed a couple more breaks than usual.

Session was done and I feel great physically and mentally for getting there and doing it.  A bonus is that she told me that I inspired her.  The gym has highlighted success stories of people doing their programs before, but it was mostly centered around weight loss.  She told me that she had been thinking of my progress since we had been working together, and had convinced the gym to do another board focused on other forms of success.  She also asked if I would mind being highlighted.  Mind?  Heck - I'll fly the plane that drops advertising fliers to tell people about it.

So a pretty good start to the day. The rest was pretty good as well, although my brain was already fantasizing about turkey gravy tonight.

I am thankful today for...my younger brother.  Because even though I rag on him, he's pretty much an all around awesome guy.  And I honestly would say that even if he wasn't related to him.

No comments: