Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Plain and Utter Joy

I talked with my new boss today for the first time.  She is pretty awesome; we are so much alike that I asked if she was a clone of me that was created before I moved from Virginia (where she lives).  I then had a highly productive meeting with the manager of one of the teams I am going to be working with, and started my first high level project document.  I know - fascinating.  I can't help myself.  I've wanted to move into this position for years and I finally got here.

On the exercise side I ran three miles before personal training today.  The three miles were in my new Brooks sneakers and I was a little nervous because the socks I put on seemed to make the fit seem a little tighter than it was in the store. I have hopes that they will stretch out a bit in time.  I love them from what I was able to see today.  I felt like I was flying.  Of course if you come back in six months and read that I hate my Brooks, know that I am either on drugs now or then. Or both.

From the food side I have been eating free food for the last three days.  And you know that free food most often equals sub-optimally nutritious food.  (Notice how I didn't say bad there?  Reframing FTW!).  Tonight I am happy to be back to a nice salad with chicken and a side of my homemade pumpkin soup.  I would post a picture of it but it is pretty much decimated.  Also boring.

To close out I am thankful for my awesome trainer. I worked hard with her today and might curse her name tomorrow, but for now I am so glad I have her in my life.

No comments: