Monday, November 21, 2011

Weekend Part Deux

Not as many pictures in this post.  Actually, probably only one, and much later.

So when I left off last it was Saturday night, and me, Pam, and Sky were off to sleep.  Saturday morning we slept in as late as we wanted - which turned out to be until around 8.  Wow - we are old.  We all got up and Sky cooked scrambled eggs for us while I toasted English muffins and Pam peeled us some clementines.  I know - total disappointment that I didn't take pictures.

After breakfast Sky had to go home to take care of her baby, while Pam and I hung out.  We did a quick trip to Staples to pick up a flash drive, and then we used my scanner.  The apartment building that Pam lived in three years ago burned down, and she lost just about everything.  Miraculously no one was hurt, and even more miraculously it turned out that they found some of Pam's journals had survived.  Survived barely, that is.  They were very burned and even now they still smell smokey.  Pam didn't know what to do with them; I suggested scanning them in when I was over her house last.  So - we scanned away!  We didn't keep everything, just the parts that wrote about important times during the year, mostly holidays and our August vacation.  It was fascinating - she had journals from 20 years ago, and even older!  She really enjoyed looking at the journals - so many memories.

After breakfast had a chance to settle Pam and I went for a run.  I was sneaky and didn't tell Pam that it was supposed to be a tempo run for me.  I knew that she would make me work hard if she knew.  Even without her knowing we both worked hard, but it felt better to have someone to talk to while running.  We did 5 miles along part of my normal route.  The best part is that we wore our matching shirts from the Devil's Chase race.  She told me later that she was glad nobody asked her how she did, because she didn't get to run it (she had to coach a field hockey game that day).

Back home to potato chips and leftover Mulan food and more scanning, then we went out to see Tower Heist. I can be very fussy about movies, and this was no exception.  It was vaguely entertaining, but nothing to write home about.  Pam enjoyed it more than I did.

After dinner we went over to Sky's house because her husband was out at a party.  No point in letting her be alone!  We had pizza and baby carrots and then played more games.  And, of course, more laughter.

Wow - it's Monday and I'm still talking about the weekend. Guess that tells you what a success it was!  And sorry that the promised picture isn't here.  It'll be here tomorrow night!

Today I am thankful for free snacks at work.  I was really, really hungry today.  I mean sick to my stomach hungry.  I've had issues recently with not eating well after my long run, and I think it caught up with me.  It was a really lousy feeling.  I think I have to be especially careful now.  I don't want to screw up my training!

No comments: