|Stunning, I know, as well as displaying excellent photo technique.|
Since I wanted more pictures for this post I decided to actually stretch after a run. This of course lead to an assistant.
|Yes, I wore red and purple together. Style icon!|
|Well hello gorgeous!|
After some stretching and cat cuddling, I decided to reheat my lunch.
|Black bean chili with cheese. Not shown - tortilla chips and browning guacamole.|
Rest of the evening will be Sunday-evening Bridezilla watching mixed in with minor cleaning. Might fit in doing my nails with one of new colors I bought yesterday. Yes - my life is full of danger and excitement.
To close out today, I will list a few reason why I am thankful for my mom. She's a really special person in my life and I am truly blessed to have her.
- My mom and I have a very close relationship. She and I talk on the phone most nights of the week. We spend vacations together. We shop together, and our taste in clothes is so much alike that sometimes we find ourselves fighting over the last of our size. Not really fighting, though - my mom is always so nice and lets me try the clothes on first.
- My mom is retired now, but when she was working she was awesome. She worked in finance for a lot of top companies and traveled for assignments to Europe. I remember going to visit her in Paris when she was working there. Since she's retired she took over the financial dealings with her portfolio and has done beautifully with the money. I always turn to her for financial advice.
- My mom loves her animals. When I was growing up we always had cats and/or dogs in the house. We topped out at 5 cats and a dog! Right now she has one dog and one cat and dotes on them. We tease her that she loves the dog more than she loves us. I can understand that; she has a pretty awesome dog.
- Since she retired my mom has spent a lot of her time volunteering. She works for the New Jersey Conservation Association, and also volunteers for the Good Samaritans with her church. The rest of the time she gets to read and watch movies all day - I envy her!
- I love my mom so much and always know that she is there to support me. She's had to talk me down off the ledge sometimes and I know that I take that for granted. I truly am blessed to have her.